.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Area-Man

Friday, March 24, 2006

Take with Ritalin as part of a balanced diet

This public service announcement comes from the November 1972 edition of National Geographic. Click on the image to enlarge. (You'll have to enlarge it again by clicking the bottom right corner to read the text) The ad speaks for itself. The part at the bottom left is particularly funny though.



I thought that I'd pull this one out of the "memory-hole" just to show how quickly our perceptions of something can change and how truth is found in glossy ads and pseudo-scientific talk. Anyone remember how before the whole Atkin's fad became stamped in our brains, word was that staying away from meats and eating pasta was the way to slim-down? If you are one of the many converts who think that carbs are the new public enemy #1, then the Registered Dietitians at Kellogg Canada have this message for you.

Maybe if I look through my National Geographics from the 1980's, I'll find an ad telling me how good aspartame is for brain function.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home